Friday, May 12, 2006

I'm going to pay how much a year to work with yarn?

I suppose this is a good a time as any to announce that I've been accepted to Philadelphia University for the fall. I'm officially enrolled in the Textile Design program, which is a Bachelor of Science degree (and I do not anticipate being mature enough not to giggle over getting a BS anytime soon). However, depending on my math placement scores, I may pursue a Engineering Degree with a concentration in Textiles. In any case, there will be a lot of fiber in my future. Hopefully that will mean more exciting things to show you, but it might just be lots of swatches as I learn to use the knitting machines and looms. I'm not entirely sure what to expect.


I'm almost through finals (one more on Monday!), so a significant portion of my brain functions should return shortly. I have discovered just how much of a stress knitter I am, as I completed both the front and back of a sweater in a matter of three days. I imagine that the sleeves will take at least another month without the pressure of knowing that there's something else I really should be doing. I'm leaving for New Jersey on Tuesday morning, and then for Florida on the 22nd. I don't expect to finish a ton of knitting this summer, because funds are low, and who really wants to knit 100 degree weather? I do have the second Pomatomus sock to do, which should occupy me on the plane and in the car. Perhaps I'll pick up another skein of sock yarn, as we have a couple road trips planned, including one to Disney. :D

That's all for now, I suppose. I feel a little boring sans pictures.

OH WAIT! I really did forget something. I received a scholarship from PhilaU (we'll call them that, because who really wants to attend a school called PU?). It's not huge, and I didn't even apply for it, but it was awarded to me on the basis of my current GPA. I'm so very happy and grateful. Everything is really going so well.

4 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I'm so sorry to hear you are moving away, but wish you the very best! Keep in touch!

 
At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chica!
Congrats on the school and scholarship!! And you're moving to my favorite city - Philadelphia! I love that place!
I wish I could see you before you leave, but I think you're already gone. =(
Keep in touch, and I'll give you a call/e-mail when I'm in Philly...which is often!

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger MsFortuknit said...

congrats

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Dot Com Mom said...

Very best of luck in fiber school. I like your blog and your attitude.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home