Saturday, February 18, 2006

Water Bottle Sling Woes

I'm rather frustrated. On Thursday, I swatched and cast on for the water bottle sling in Knit Wit. Instead of the recommended Koigu, I'm using Cherry Tree Hill Supersock yarn in Indian Summer. My gauge was spot on on size 2 needles.

It's coming out beautifully, and I'm really enjoying working with this yarn.
WIP Water Bottle Sling

But it's way too big for a normal sized water bottle.
Too Big

It's even too big for a jar of peanut butter, which I surreptitiously borrowed from my roommate to determine how big a water bottle would have to be. I'm going to have to frog and recalculate the pattern based on my own measurements. I think, while I'm at it, I'll knit the bottom from the center out and then continue up the sides from there. I really hate picking up stitches.

Also, I wanted to thank you ladies for your comments. This near instant gratification thing is pretty cool. I'm not entirely sure of blog etiquette. I know some bloggers respond in their own comments, but most don't, from those I've read. I don't want to slight anyone by seemingly ignoring them, so let me know how you handle this. I never knew so many of you have your own blogs!

2 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always respond to comments in my own comments. Do whatever you want. Who cares about blog etiquette?

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Not An Artist said...

Maybe it was meant for one of those large 1-litre bottles?

Great blog, by the way. I'm looking forward to seeing more great knits from you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home