Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Limp Lettuce

A few weeks ago, I posted about the ridiculously expensive hat I saw at a boutique. Though I've been swamped with midterms and sickness (diagnosis: an acute sinus infection) I couldn't resist playing around with this pattern.

I picked up two skeins of Paton's Classic Merino when AC Moore had their 33% off yarn sale.
Boutique Hat Yarn

Although the original hat most likely had a crocheted brim, I've been playing around with lacy, scallopy patterns.
Limp Lettuce2

This first attempt was less than successful, though. I like the look, and I'm definitely going to continue with this approach, but the brim didn't look floppy enough, and the scallops were too big. I took it off the needles and stuck it on my head.
Limp Lettuce3

Yeah, it kind of looks like I'm wearing tight, wilting lettuce. Not the look I was going for. Undaunted, though, I'm going to frog and start again this evening.

As for the waterbottle sling, it's done, though it needs to be blocked. This weekend, I'll be able to take pictures of it with the intended recipient. :D

1 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger Knit Spot* said...

You are so amazingly talented Miz Liz - I have no doubt you will figure out that hat!!

(Although I am glad you are frogging the lettuce...LOL! It's just not "YOU"!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home